Thanksgiving provides a formal context in which to consider the instances of kindness that have enlightened our lives,
for moments of grace that have gotten us through when all seemed lost. These are fine and sentimental subjects
for contemplation. – Jon Carroll
Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are
breaking out in light! Givethis one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude!
– Henry Ward Beecher
In the original language, “he gave thanks” reads “eucharisteo.” . . . The root word for eucharisteo is ‘charis’, meaning “grace.”
Jesus took bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks. He took the bread and knew it to be gift and gave thanks.”
– Ann Voskamp
The Christian who walks with the Lord and keeps constant communion with Him will see many reason for rejoicing
and thanksgiving all day long.
– Finis Steelman
Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling.
Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.
– Henry Van Dyke
Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have,
you will never, ever have enough.
– Oprah Winfrey
Thanksgiving Poems – Quotes – SMS:
- At Grandma’s House
- Autumn (Emily Dickinson)
- A Boy’s Thanksgiving Day
- A Thanksgiving Poem
- I look across
- Giving Thanks by Ron Tranmer
- Giving Thanks
- Gratitude, like love, is part of being
- God may or not exist, but sovereign
- Happy Thanksgiving… It’s time to love!
- Nothing Gold Can Stay (Robert Frost)
- Ode to Autumn (John Keats)
- Poem for Thanksgiving Day: “One Day is there of …
- Poems for Thanksgiving Day: The Pumpkin
- Thank You, my Lord! (by Oriza Martins)
- Thank you for all that you have given
- Thank you for the gift of life
- Thank you for the harvest and the healing
- Thanksgiving Day (Emily Dickinson)
- Thanksgiving is a moment to remember
- Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks
- Thanksgiving Song
- The pure contralto sings in the organ loft (Thanks…)
- There is no joy that does not speak of longing
- There is no hope without the help of grief
- The Thanksgivings